Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Mexico!

The day after Christmas we took a 5 hour drive down to Albuquerque, New Mexico to visit Luke's first roommate from BYU-I, Clay. I would tease Luke that this friend "Clay" must be made up since he talked about him all the time but I had never met him. Luke wasn't able to go to his wedding when we were dating, and he wasn't able to fly out to our wedding but they claimed to be best friends still. And they would talk on the phone and I would hear all about him, but still had never met him after all these years. So since we still had time on our break Luke insisted we go down to visit Clay and his wife so that he could meet Jacob and I.

We were coming in Saturday evening and the sunset was just beautiful!


Sunday we didn't do too much, just went to church in the morning, and then we went and checked out the Albuquerque Temple.

Clay and Luke talked and reminisced the whole weekend

what a cute couple...


warming up to give me a kiss


Jacob saying hi to the dogs outside. They needed to stay outside almost all weekend because they were all over Jacob... and I was kind of scared of them... haha
On Monday we went downtown and checked out some little street shops and tourist stuff. We had a good time! We also went to an Imax theater and learned about the stars- it was neat!
Jacob trying on a little wildlife hat

Luke tried to get a snowcone but they were clearly closed :)

Luke trying on something in the store, being silly

I found a little seat drum- it was cool!

Luke with the "Navajo"

Us both with our navajo friend

Jacob wearing a Krispy Kreme hat- we had several doughnuts that weekend too!


A storm was coming in Tuesday and so we left early that morning. This is what it looked like as we were leaving- kind of pretty. We had a good weekend! I think Luke had a little more fun catching up with Clay but it was nice for me to get out for awhile- I had never been to New Mexico before, but we enjoyed the trip!

1 comment:

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Aw, my home town! Sigh, you made me homesick...thanks a lot ;-)