Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a nice Valentine's Day weekend this year. We mostly celebrated on Saturday and Luke and I were able to go out to dinner that night and got a REAL babysitter for Jacob! This was kind of exciting for us, even though we have to pay a real sitter rather than letting friends watch him, I'm excited because our new sitter lives just down the street and goes to our church so I think it's going to work out great! And not only that, but her parents knows my family because they used to live in Maryland when I was little- so it's kind of fun that they're our neighbors now too!

So on Saturday I got up and made Luke breakfast which I have NEVER done! I'm not sure why, he's just so good at making breakfast he's always done it. And somehow I burned the bacon, but I was able to make the eggs the way he likes it! Haha I'll have to keep working on it. And Luke and I went to take Jacob on a walk because it seemed like a really nice day but by the time we made it outside it had gotten overcast and windy, so it was a short walk but fun spending time together.
And then our babysitter showed up an hour early so we headed for dinner. Luke found out that there was a brand new Cafe Rio just south of Denver and it's the first one here in Colorado, so we went there for dinner Saturday- and it was goood!
Valentine's day morning we woke up to a beautiful few inches of snow on the ground and trees, and these beautiful flowers for me :)


Sunday mornings I always have to wake Jacob up for church but I hate to because he just looks so cute and peaceful when he's sleeping!

Jacob with his valentine pig- his first Valentine's day!


Mommy and baby love :)

Jacob didn't want a picture with his dad but he loves him too :)

me and Luke on valentines day :)

Hope everyone had a great valentine's day!

2 comments:

Christina Ragsdale (Soon to be Stottlemyer) said...

I love this! You guys are such a cute family! I love Jacob's teeth!!!

Carrie said...

I love all the pics you've posted lately, Jacob is getting so big, and SO CUTE! Are we going to see you guys this summer? I hope so - we miss you guys!