Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another Jacob update- 11 months

Jacob turned 11 months today- so that means in only one month he'll be one year old! I really can't believe how fast it's gone so far, because he still feels like my little baby. But he is definetly moving around a lot more...

Jacob has quickly become a stair master. He started crawling up the stairs in December and only a month later he learned to go down the stairs too! I never even had time to buy stair gates, but it's just as well- he loves playing on the stairs! He especially loves playing peekaboo through the railing along the stairs!

Jacob also loves playing with all his little toys. This one is still my favorite- it's so fun! But I imagine we'll get him some fun new toys for his birthday too.

And of course Jacob gets into everything now! Naturally he's always pulling things down, ripping things up, tasting everything in his mouth..you know how it goes. This is him "helping" me fold the laundry as he takes everything out for me! :)

And I am so glad that he has gotten to finally be a good eater. For awhile he wouldn't take any finger foods or anything, but he's made quite a turn in the past few months. He loves to eat table food now, especially whatever and whenever mom and dad eat!

And he's been able to drink out of his sippy cup for awhile too but only recently did I try letting him do it himself- and I think it's so cute when he lays down to drink his water :)
I thought this picture was cute too. He was playing with our friends' dog but kept hitting him and then the dog would hit back, haha! Coco was actually very patient with Jacob as he checked him out. But as cute as little Coco is, I don't think I could ever manage a dog!

One thing I have been really excited about ever since we moved in is that there are several babies Jacob's age! And there are four of us at church that are new moms and all of our babies were born in March, so they are literally days apart in age. So we started a playgroup and it's been so fun so far! They don't really play together much yet but it's so funny when they take each other's toys, or try pulling each other's pants off or race up the stairs together- I love it!

Another thing we did recently in the first week of February, Luke's work treated their team to a Nuggets game in Denver. It was actually really nice because KPMG has a suite there so we had our own kitchen and free food and drinks and our seats were blocked off so everyone could just talk together. And it was Jacob's first game so it was fun to be able to go too.
Jacob loved being able to watch the game and dancing to the music at halftime!
Actually, dancing is Jacob's new discovery! He loves bouncing to a good beat and waving his hands to the music! Luke and I find it pretty hilarious. We caught a good video of him dancing to his favorite pop song- that seems to be the only kind of music he really gets into- girly pop! Anyway you can check out this video and see for yourself!


Jacob has also gotten very vocal lately, making lots of sounds and sometimes he gets very close to saying words. Actually, I swear he had his first word on Valentine's Day. He waved his hand and said "hi" very clearly, twice actually. Luke doesn't believe me but it gave me chills because it sounded like he knew what he was saying- I feel it counted as his first word! And a few weeks before that after Luke left for work Jacob waved his hand and said "buh buh" so that was really close too! Anyway, it's just kind of exciting watching him learn and grow a little more everyday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the picture on the stairs where jacob is looking at the girls butt on the stairs!! haha too cute
-andrea and james

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

So cute! He is so smiley!