Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Quick Peek at 25 Weeks

So yesterday I had to go in for a second ultraound since they wanted to check my fluid level again. They weren't too worried about it so I tried not to think about it either but did make an effort to drink a lot more water the past month. Anyway, when I got there they said that since my last ultrasound was over a month ago they would need to do everything again- all the labeling parts and everything. But that was fine with me- just meant I got to see my little baby longer! I was just sad that I didn't have Luke with me this time because this ultrasound was much better than the first one. The lady actually took her time and talked me through everything and the baby looked much more like a baby rather than a skeleton. We even got this great shot of his face! This is probably my favorite ultrasound picture, between both my boys!
It's sideways since his face is showing sideways- and there's a hand or two in the shot too. I just loved seeing his face and how he's moving around. I saw him kicking me on the screen and would feel it in my belly at the same time- very weird! This baby has been moving around a lot and feels very different from last time around.
I realized part of that reason may be that this baby is also breech. I'm not too thrilled about that, and my doctors say there's plenty of time for him to turn around but it does make me a little nervous. But it at least explained all the stomach pains I've been having. Maybe it's just me but everything seems to hurt a lot more the second time around!
It hasn't been bad though, I really have been doing fine, just remembering the discomfort that comes that farther along I get. And the sleepless nights, eh. Also, it turns out a lot of my symptoms are from anemia and I've been really slacking on taking my iron pills, so if I'm better at that I'll apparently feel a lot better too- go figure!
So being in my 25th week now I still have a ways to go but I feel like it's going fast. I'm just about at the end of my second trimester and I still have not done or bought a thing for this baby! Not that he'll need much though- that's the nice thing about having a second boy. I just want the time to keep flying and hopefully I'll be ready when he comes!

4 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I took SlowFE Iron tablets and they didn't make me sick.

Try them - and I know its hard to remember to take them but it is soooo important. Trust me I have anemia EVERY time I am pregnant and you feel like a different person when you take them! more energy! :)

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Ultrasounds are the best! That was a great picture of the face, you didn't even have to explain it! And your doc's right, still plenty of time to turn - Caroline was breech until about 32 weeks and it was so obvious when she turned; the kicks moved from my bladder to my ribs, where I was used to 'em from the boys. Good luck!

Jill said...

Ahhhh-Jacob is so cute! Hey Kara-can you email me at
rjalston@shaw.ca and get me your guys email addresses? Thanks, Jill

Jenny and Phill said...

Phillip was breech until 32 weeks and then he was head down so your baby has plenty of time to move around.