Thursday, March 3, 2011

26th Birthday

So not too much to say about my birthday this year, pretty low key, but nice. On Friday I started making cupcakes so that we could enjoy them over the weekend. Jacob was such a great help too!
And it was my first time making red velvet cake- it's crazy how red the batter is- it looked freaky! And yikes it was a mess too- that red dye really gets everywhere!

Mmm but so worth it! Here's Jacob enjoying his spoils after all his hard work too- yummy! Unfortunately at last minute Luke had to go into work on Saturday, but it was ok- I took Jacob and we went out shopping! I got myself some much needed maternity shirts and then went up to the Orchards to walk and shop around a bit more, until I found a new scarf too! And Jacob enjoyed running around and playing for a bit too- it was another beautiful day! That night Luke took us out to Macaroni Grill and we had an awesome meal! Seriously, my shrimp portofino might be my new favorite restaurant meal, and then they even brought me a slice of cake for my birthday :)
So then Sunday was my actual birthday. I had Luke get another belly shot of me- I'm 24 weeks now. I know it's not the greatest picture, but it'll have to do...
And I just had to laugh because later that evening I tried getting a picture with Jacob and he kept making "Luke" faces! In other words- looking as crazy and uninterested as possible every single shot! Haha so this was the best I could get- he is so silly :)
That night for dinner we had salmon, rolls, fries, and green beans, and then Luke made me a lovely apple pie for dessert too. He even carved- H B K D- which stands for Happy Birthday Kara Decker of course! So it was a nice easy birthday- now it's only less than 3 weeks until Jacob's birthday and my little guy turns 2!

2 comments:

Amy P. said...

Yaaay :) Sounds like a good birthday weekend to me! Jacob's hair is getting so long, lol...that picture of the two of you, he's cute/funny.

Sweet that Luke made a pie! He's a keeper, Chance would never even attempt!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was fun and sweet! :)