Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jacob in February

So it's time for another update on what Jacob has been up to this past month...
Here was Jacob the first time I brought him to the doctor with me- actually back in January. I was a little worried he'd freak out but all we had to do was give him lollipops and he was set. I just need to remember to ask for them when I go in now though or else all he'll say is "a-pop!"- somehow kids never forget, especially when it comes to candy! This boy is addicted to candy, chocolate, snacks- anything sweet or bad for you... he gets it from his mommy :)
I took Jacob with me when I went to go visit my friend who just had a baby boy. I wanted to kind of get an idea of his reaction and what he'd be like- and he was so sweet. He was very gentle and just sat there smiling at him. It made me feel a lot more comfortable that he'll be a great older brother. And since then, he's become much more sensitive to babies- like anytime he hears a baby cry he'll stop and kind of frown and say "baby crying"- I think it's so sweet!
When getting ready for church one morning I found Jacob running around like this- naked except for his diaper and my pearl bracelet. He was very proud and kept smiling calling it a "nec-gless".
Jacob got to see his old buddy Jane and some of these pictures of the two of them were too cute to pass up! Jane was just so funny dressed in her tutu, a cowboy hat, and insisted on carrying around a calculator...

My cute cute boy!


And Jacob seemed to teach her his margarine tub dance. He literally does this every day- sticks an old margarine tub on his head, and runs around in circles dancing and making noises...
And he usually has to take off his pants to do this- this is a very common way to see Jacob at home!
He is so silly, but at least the simplest toys keep him happy :)

He also loves to play with his cars and trucks now, pushing them around or riding his own little toy truck. And when we're driving in the car he has to point out every car and truck he sees too, haha.
And I had to catch another classic shot of him trying on Daddy's shoes- without pants of course...
We've also had a warm week in the 60's and so Jacob and I have enjoyed several nice walks on the trail behind our neighborhood. He begs to go on walks everyday now- he loves to just run along the trail and always tries to sneak off to check out the prairie dogs.

Today was our last day of warm weather, at least for a bit, so I broke down and bought us a year zoo pass. We went for the first time today and unfortunately this was the only picture I was able to capture since I forgot my camera and my phone camera froze up after I got this shot with him checking out the elephants.
Jacob overall didn't seem to care about the animals, which kind of surprised/disappointed me- all he wanted to do was get out of his stroller, run around, and play with the other kids at the zoo. Finally when we saw the elephants again on our way out Jacob liked watching them pick up grass with their "nose" and put it in their mouth- they at least gave him a good laugh. So hopefully throughout the next year he'll still find interest in the zoo- we need to get our money's worth!

So that's all for now. Jacob is just the sweetest, cutest little boy ever with such a funny personality! I just can't believe in 2 weeks my baby will already be 2!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am buying a zoo pass for Brayden this year too! We should meet up!!!
Shandra

kirsta said...

That's about the same age as when I bought a zoo pass for Patrick, and we've gotten tons of use out of it, so I bet you'll have an awesome time! Plus, great way to spend the morning getting out of the house. Also, lots of people get zoo passes (like me) so it would be fun to go with other people (like me!). Are my let's-hang hints too obvious, hmmmm? :)

Carrie said...

jacob is so cute - i love his big brown eyes, and his huge cheesy grin!

Kara said...

Yes Shandra and Kirsta I'd love to go to the zoo with each of you! I think Jacob would like to go with some friends next time! :)