Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pre-Birthday

First a random picture: You can't tell but we were at the car wash and Jacob thought it was so neat that Dad was giving the car a "bath"- this picture was just too cute so I had to throw it in :)

So we didn't have a birthday party for Jacob this year, but since his friend Jane's birthday is only a few days before his, I decided the two of them could at least get together to do something fun! So I invited my friend Natalie and her daughter Jane to join us at the zoo last Wednesday morning when it was just perfect weather- and I wanted to start making good use out of my zoo pass!

First stop and Jacob's favorite- "eh-fents"! Not the greatest view, but they still liked them

Trying to show them the monkeys. It was so hard to get Jacob's attention- all he wanted to do was run around again!

Jacob at least enjoyed the drums and made a little friend too

cute picture of the two of them checking out the camels And I just thought this picture was funny because Jacob kept trying to give this random boy hugs and afterwords kept trying to hold his hand- it was cute but very strange and random...

So that was our day at the zoo! I think Jane enjoyed it much more than Jacob- he's still not into the animals much but I'm glad this time we had some company and that at least Jane loved seeing the animals! I think we'll need to have them come with us again soon!

The next day was St. Patrick's Day and I'm pretty sure from now on I'm always going to feel like that holiday is just an extension of Jacob's birthday since two years ago I went into labor the night of St. Patrick's Day. So since it was practically his birthday I had my camera out more...

So we had made this cute little rainbow mobile for the holiday and he was just so cute dancing and waving it around! (sorry he's not dressed- all his green clothes were in the wash so he had to wait until the laundry was dry before getting dressed!)


And green sugar cookies isn't a normal tradition, but I wanted cookies so green iced cookies it is!


And the one tradition I always have to have now is pistachio pudding for dessert. I even had to go to two grocery stores before I could find any. But two years ago when my mom was here and we ate it with whip cream it was like the best thing I ever had. And then it was the last thing I ate before Jacob was born the next day. And so this year it was also the last thing Jacob ate before his birthday and he turned 2 the next day!

No comments: