Monday, June 14, 2010

A New Discovery

Jacob made another little breakthrough the other day that I just had to share! He always loves to kind of poke at my face and so I've been practicing teaching him facial features(eyes, nose, hair, mouth, etc.) Of course he thinks it's funny to poke me while I'm trying to put him to sleep- he'll often try covering my mouth when I sing to him! Or he'll poke my eyes but his little fingernails are so sharp I have to close my eyes but then he tries prying my eyes open! Haha he's a funny one.
Anyway, we had his friend Jane over on Saturday- for the last time before they moved! Still sad about Jacob's best little bud Jane moving, but I won't go into all the reasons why we're so sad they're moving farther away! Anyway, Jacob and Jane were playing and he took a toy and almost hit it towards Jane's eye- luckily he didn't hurt her but I told Jacob to watch out for her eye, or not to hit her eye or something.
So then Jacob walks away, then stops, and says "eye!"- as if like he just made the connection. Then he takes both his pointer fingers and squints and points to both of his eyes! It was funny though because for a few minutes he kept walking around with his eyes closed squinted real tight while he pointed to them and kept repeating "eye!" Haha it was the cutest little thing!

Finally he realized he could just point to the side of his eye without poking it and I was finally able to catch a picture on my phone! Anyway, I know its such a small little thing but I love to see when he is able to discover something new and it makes me feel like he really does listen and learn even at a young age! :)

1 comment:

Jenny and Phill said...

That's Avery's favorite new word to, and she does the same thing of shouting eye and then either poking me in the eye or herself. Such a fun age!