Tuesday, June 22, 2010

15 months already...


Jacob turned 15 months on Friday! He went to the doctor that day too and Jacob's doing healthy and well! He is actually the exact same percentiles for height and weight from his 12 month visit, but now he's at 19 pounds 5 ounces and 30 1/2 inches tall. It's funny because when I weighed him at home I was sure he made it over the 20 pound hump, but oh well! So he's still 3rd% in weight and 50th% for weight and I imagine he'll stay about that way for awhile.

And I've been happy that Jacob has done really well lately. He's been eating better, keeps a normal good schedule, sleeps through the night, and entirely weaned himself from nursing about a month ago. Even then I was only nursing him about every other morning and when I would feed him he'd get sleepy enough to go back to sleep for a couple more hours. I have a lot of friends actually that get jealous that its completely normal for him to sleep in until 9:30 or 10. His record is actually 11:30am and for awhile typical wake up time was 10-10:30 but he's been waking up "earlier" now, about 9 or so. And he is usually goes to bed by 9:30, so that's why he sleeps in but it seems to work for him and it definetly works for me! I'm glad Jacob likes to sleep in like me ;)

And Jacob's has been picking up even more words in the past few weeks. The doctor seemed impressed when I told him he has about 10-15 words now. They're all pretty simple basic words though. My new favorite is "elmo" but he says it more like "eh-mo"! He loves to watch sesame street for 20 minutes in the morning, and so I'll need to keep an eye out for some more elmo toys and books for him.

So before Jacob's next doctor appointment at 18 months, we'll be working on getting him off the pacifier for naps and night time. And hopefully his stranger anxiety will get better too! He's been babysat a little more lately and has done well but still worries when I leave him. I know it's normal but hopefully that eases up a bit too. But other than that I'm just glad Jacob is healthy and so happy! :)

No comments: