Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Happy Father's Day to me!"

So this year was actually Luke's 2nd Father's Day- as a dad. I had a couple little plans for him from Jacob and I but Luke never wants me to do anything for him on days like this or his birthday. I think more than that he doesn't want me to spend money on him. But I still had some things in mind of just little things we could make for him, and one of those being a nice cake on Sunday.
So then Luke goes to the grocery store on Saturday to pick up a few things and came home with a FREE Father's Day cake! Apparently they made an announcement while he was in Safeway that they would pass out one free cake an hour if you stopped by the bakery. But Luke didn't really care and went to check out and he saw the lady in front of him had a father's day cake. So he asked if she was the winner of the hour and she said that she went to the bakery and they said that no one was coming so they were just handing free cakes to anyone! So she pressured Luke to get out of line and go back to get a cake, and so he did! They asked him what he wanted them to write on the cake, so naturally he had them write "Happy Father's Day To Me!" He came home and was just so proud that he got a cake for free! So much for my plans on making him one!
But Jacob and I did work on a homemade card for Luke. It was fun to have Jacob help this year. He picked out his own sticker and colored all over the card- he loved to draw!

And then we also worked on this little frame for Luke- the idea was for him to put in his office (or new office if he hopefully gets a new job soon!) So we printed Jacob's foot and added a little poem to go along with it.
He seemed to really like his gifts and then we just did a simple lasagna for dinner. And Jacob helped Daddy with his leftovers! Jacob found this left in the kitchen and from the other room I hear him slurping his fingers, yummy!
And I meant to get a picture of Jacob with his Dad but somehow forgot. So here's one of my favorite pictures of the two of them!
Luke loves being a Daddy and loves watching Jacob grow as much as I do. They love to play together and have fun, and I can't wait for them to get even closer as Jacob gets older! Jacob loves his Dad (as do I!) and we are so proud of all that he does for us! Happy Father's Day Luke!

1 comment:

Andrea meiners said...

Aww i love the crayon picture!!