Sunday, June 13, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

Memorial Day weekend was a few weeks ago but I wanted to catch up and post on the few things we did since it's not very often that Luke and I get out and do much!
We started off Saturday morning by going to RedRocks, which I had never been to since we've lived out here and it's just past where Luke works. I really wanted to go up to the Red Rocks and check out the amphitheater but we forgot to do it on our way out. But we went to a little hill nearby to go on our first real hike with Jacob.
So I tried him out in my little backpack and he was ok for awhile but I think he couldn't see very well or something because it didn't take too long for him to start fussing. So halfway up Luke just carried him, and finally we just stopped so Jacob could get down to play and have a snack. So we never made it as far as we planned, but we still had a good time and enjoyed the views.

Sunday was also a nice day so we went to a little lake right by our house and walked around and Jacob enjoyed running around on one of the docks.


Then on Monday afternoon we decided to go downtown to check out Capital Hill which we had also never really stopped to do and also wanted to do a little shopping down at the mall.

So this was also the first time Jacob rode face forward in his new carseat. I was pretty sure Jacob was over 20 pounds but I had never turned his seat to face forward but since we took Luke's car it was easier to put his seat in this way- anyway, can you tell by his face how excited he was?! He was so happy to sit up like a big boy and look out the window- he loved it!

So we went downtown on Memorial Day thinking at least something should be going on, and I must say I was a little disappointed. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, but since DC always has something going on I was a little surprised to see Denver was actually very quiet that day and there was hardly anyone walking around... oh well!
Here's the capital building

Jacob and I walked up the steps

view from Capital of DC Memorial replica and the Congress building (I think...)

bad picture of us but any is better than none I guess...

With the hot weather Jacob also enjoyed some time in his kiddie pool. I thought this picture was funny because he was concentrating real hard and trying to figure out why he couldn't grab the water, haha.

And in my little bits of spare time lately I've been doing a couple little things around the house to give it a more summery feel. I made two of these pillows here- I'm sure you can guess which ones I made haha. Anyway, I love my new summery pillows and the nice weather we've been having! Even better when Luke and I get out and do something fun together!

1 comment:

Amy P. said...

how fun!! Wow there really was no one around, a lot different than around here. I guess people in Denver do something different on memorial day....you'll have to find out where all the people go for next year! :)

Love the pillows!!!!