Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blake is 3 months!

My sweet boy is 3 months old! I never know if it's better to follow by weeks old or by the date they were born each month- but he's now 13 weeks and officially 3 months by the calendar too. Anyway, here's a long update on what things are like with him lately:

*Blake's newest thing is that he is now laughing! His first laugh was this past Friday the 16th and I was just playing with him while he was on the floor and then I realized he was giggling and he's done it several times since then. I love first laughs!

*Blake smiles all the time and I love it-they are just pure sunshine! I love how he opens his mouth real wide to smile and gets a chubby double chin. He often gives us big smiles just for nothing, and he seems to be a pretty happy baby these days.

*Blake is also cooing and making lots of razzes and spitty sounds, which is also so cute! Also drooling a ton, making spit bubbles, and loves to suck his fist.

*Doing well holding up his head during tummy-time and I love the look of concentration on his face while he does this.


*Has recently started playing in his exersaucer, and also likes being held in my front carrier, often falling asleep in it.

*Loves his swing, he still spends a lot of the day in it, we've already had to change the batteries.

*He seems to still sleep better in his swing than his crib. He'll take some naps in his crib but they usually don't last too long. So sometimes he sleeps in his swing for the first part of the night too.

*Blake still wakes up several times in the night and I have a hard time getting him to stay asleep when I need to move him to his crib since he'd rather just sleep cradled in my arms. And since he'll sleep longer if I just hold him, that's ultimately what ends up happening, but this is something that's going to need to start changing soon...

*Still likes to be swaddled to sleep or else he'll wiggle and fuss all night.

*Blake had his first formula bottle on 9/7, right before bedtime. He drank about 3 oz and then slept for 7 hours- so that was really good! This was a big deal for us because I have never used formula, even with Jacob. I planned on switching to formula just at night to help him sleep better but we've only tried a few random times since, but it usually seems to help him sleep longer so I'd like to do it as often as I can, but I know he doesn't like his bottle as much.

*Blake has a hard time falling asleep in his carseat and isn't a big fan of staying in his carseat while we're running errands but he is getting better. The last several times we went to the grocery store there was no crying- from Blake at least!

*Loves to take baths, always very calm and happy.

*Seems to enjoy walks in the stroller, and being outside.

*Has a good grip on his toys now and likes laying on his floor mat where he can reach up and grab the toys too.

*Always seems to be kicking and flapping his arms like crazy!

*Is very patient with his brother who still likes to poke him, climb on him when he's in his swing, lay on him when he's on the floor, and jumps in his crib to turn on his mobile when he wakes up. Blake usually is smiling when Jacob is around and likes to watch Jacob talk and play.

*Loves being held by anyone, but especially me.

*Blake is filling out quickly and getting big fast!

*At 2 months Blake weighed 10 lbs 10 oz and now he's roughly 13.6 lbs at 3 months!
We love our little Blake!

1 comment:

Jannie said...

oh my goodness- such cute pics! i esp. love that top one!