Thursday, October 6, 2011

Afternoon in the Mountains

This past weekend we mostly stayed home and watched the Conference broadcast from Salt Lake. I really enjoyed watching, and hearing from our church leaders, and it inspired me to try and be better. For those of my friends who are not LDS, you can check out the website http://mormon.org/. And by the way, I'm loving being able to see all the new mormon commercials on TV now- I think it's pretty neat!
Anyway, after the final session of Conference on Sunday, we took a little drive through the mountains since we figured it'd be our last chance to see the trees changing colors. We pulled over in Idaho Springs, and found a great picnic spot along the river. Jacob had a great time just standing by the river, throwing in rocks and also playing at the nearby park.





We had a small little picnic of hotdogs, strawberries, homemade zucchini bread, and s'mores for dessert. Jacob's first s'mores and he loved them!

And with the beautiful fall colors and perfect cool weather, I couldn't help but try to get some cute fall pictures of my boys.












1 comment:

Jannie said...

i love the pictures - such a cute family :) looks like a fun time in the mountains.