Monday, September 5, 2011

5 Years Later

Luke and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on August 26. Well, actually we celebrated early on our trip to Vegas, and so we kept it fairly simple on our actual anniversary. But Luke did get me these beautiful roses and a sweet card.


We went out to dinner that night without the kids- for the first time! It was nice to get away real quick from both kids, but that's all it was- real quick. I didn't want to leave Blake for very long yet. So we decided that since we got philly cheesesteaks at the beach on our honeymoon, we would go for some quick philly cheesesteaks again that night. So that was fun :)


And the boys celebrated that day by Blake wearing his "I love mommy" shirt and Jacob was wearing his daddy shirt. They're our biggest fans :)


And I've caught a lot of smiles from our little Blake lately so I had to share. His smiles just make my day! :)
And Jacob has been so sweet with Blake lately too. He likes spending time next to him, and tries to help and always laughs like crazy every time Blake burps. He even tries to pick him up now and will say "I'll feed him"- haha, it's sweet and I love seeing the two of them smile and have fun together, even already.


Here Jacob was trying to show Blake how to ride a horse, haha.

I was also excited to have my friend Shandra practice her photography skills and take some pictures of us. Jacob and Blake didn't quite cooperate and smile as much as I would have liked, but we did get a couple cute ones and here are just a few of my favorites:







And I still like this last one even though Jacob is making his "mean" face and Blake is crying- I guess it's just a "reality" picture. As I think back on the last 5 years that Luke and I have been married, not everything has been smooth and perfect but I do feel like things keep getting better every year. And at times I do get stressed and annoyed and overwhelmed with my boys, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything. I adore my sons (and my husband!) to pieces and I am quite happy with the life I live now. When Luke and I were married, if we projected what our life would be like in 5 years, I'm pretty sure I'm living it now- it's just what I want and where I want to be. And although we have our non-picture perfect moments, I'm so grateful for my sweet little family!

1 comment:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

The ones with Blake on your shoulder are my favorite, he's such a doll :) Reality pics are the best - to remind you, years from now, WHY the days were so crazy! Adorable.