Monday, August 30, 2010

A Day in Annapolis

On Tuesday we all went out to the capital for the day. My parents drove me around Annapolis for the first time this past January but this was the first time I could ever remember walking around- I really like Annapolis! It's right on the bay, has lots of cute shops to walk around, the Naval Academy, and plenty of buildings with history and things to look at!
We took some pictures at the water- Luke was being a poor sport about picture taking ;)
all of us "kids" (minus Daniel)
Luke, Jacob, James, Andrea, me, Julia, Tyler, and Erika
Jacob likes to be a big boy and push his own stroller now, haha
After checking out the bay, we headed into the Naval Academy since it's right there and checked out the museum at the visitor center. Unfortunately we didn't see anyone walking around in uniform this time! That's always kind of neat, oh well. And here was a picture of the view from the Naval Academy.
crabby baby :)
Afterwords we walked in a couple shops, I liked all the souvenirs and was very tempted to buy something for Jacob but I didn't.... maybe I should have!
While walking around we also headed to this popular sandwich shop for lunch. It was really good! Then we walked around some more and made our way up to the Capital and got a quick little tour there.
where the Senators meet
inside the capital building- I liked the 13 colonies flag too
I met George Washington- we hit it off :)
Jacob didn't want to stay in his stroller, he loved running around here
After checking all that out, the courthouse, and a few other places we were ready to hit up Chick and Ruth's Delly for a 7 pound milkshake! Luke had heard about this spot on a TV special almost a year ago and knew that we had to go there and try it out with everyone! It was worth it!
so you get an idea of how big it was...
all of us going to town on that milkshake! there wasn't room for everybody, so we spooned some out into cups for everyone else...
including some for Jacob- he couldn't stop sucking it down!
while the rest of us went head to head and took care of business!
Ha I know it looks gross, but it was a pretty fun thing to try- and let's just say we all grew closer because of it! We were all laughing about it the whole time since we had to lean in so close to everyone, and all the tables around us were looking at us too. By the time we got to the bottom we were having a small competition to see who could pick up the most "moose tracks" with their straws, haha. So yea, definitely a fun family day at Annapolis!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh, my gosh. Those milkshake pictures are great, but I don't know if I'd want to share one with all my siblings. You all are a very close family!