Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Sister's Wedding!

So my closest sister and best friend Erika got married to a great guy, Tyler Pickens, on Saturday August 7, 2010 in the Twin Falls Idaho Temple! I was soo happy for her and that she was finally able to find someone that made her so happy! It was a beautiful day to see them sealed together- Erika looked gorgeous and I'm also excited to have Tyler a part of our family.
Here is them walking outside of the temple, their first pictures as husband and wife! The sealing itself was also very nice, I was teared up the entire time :)
They were both so happy :)

Erika with her bridesmaid sisters, and I also got to be her matron of honor :)
Can you tell we're sisters?!
We tried to get a shot with Jacob in his cute tux but he wasn't going for it. But in his defense he woke up sick that morning with cold symptoms and a fever, and was teething, and he was all sweaty since it was pretty warm outside and he'd been waiting for a long time! Poor baby never seems to feel well when we travel :(
They were a beautiful couple!

That night they had a beautiful garden reception in a friend's backyard in Gooding, Idaho. For the small town that it is we actually had a pretty good turn out!

They did all the traditional stuff too, like cut the cake, had their first dance, and a parents dance and Erika tossed a bouquet.
Watching them cut the cake was actually pretty amusing though since they didn't really have a clue what they were doing. They would have each fed themselves a piece if we didn't remind them they needed to feed each other! And the slices were so huge! It would've been perfect for smashing, but they played nice :)
pretty set-up for their first dance
Erika dancing with my dad for the parents dance
At this reception no one else really danced afterwards since the music was a little quiet, but everyone wanted to see me and my brother James salsa...so we did. I was a little rusty but James was really into it since he just took a ballroom class at school and wanted to show off.
siblings- Julia, Andrea, James and I- love this picture!
I also love this picture of Jacob playing at the fountain during the reception. Notice we let him stay in his casual shorts for the night so he wouldn't get so hot again, haha.
our little family :)

One week later we were able to do a second reception in Maryland at my parents new church building. It was a smaller reception but it was nice to see more friends that we knew and my dad's family was able to make it out to this reception so it was fun spending time with them for a few days too.

with the Meiners side of the family

They got to do a few things a second time, such as cut the cake, and the first dances. It was probably good they got a re-do though since now they knew how to cut the cake (but still no smashing!) and the music was a lot better to hear at this reception so they were actually able to dance longer and enjoy it, so that was nice.



And since us girls put together a playlist we were able to keep dancing afterwords and have a little fun!
cute picture of Jacob begging for some cake :)
I guess for Jacob the party doesn't begin until his pants come off! And he did this all on his own as soon as the guests left, haha
So it was over a week of wedding celebrations, I hope Tyler and Erika were able to enjoy it and all the attention! It was so fun spending so much time with my family, because of course we did more than just the wedding festivities, so I'll add my separate posts soon of our trips to both Idaho and Maryland!
Congrats again to Tyler and Erika! :)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ohhh -- I love that you posted pics of Erika's wedding. It's seems like yesterday she was in young women's! Your family is so great. I love all the pics of you and your siblings!