Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rounding up our trip...

Wednesday was our last day to really all hang out together since Tyler and Erika were flying back to Idaho Thursday and Luke and I would also be taking off to the beach. We were thinking about going downtown but it ended up being another cool and rainy day, so we went shopping again!
We fooled around at a couple stores, and everybody got a little something somewhere. Julia was a great shopping buddy for me since I really needed her help to spice up my wardrobe. My goal was to find some cute cardigans for the fall- I haven't used them much but I'm really not sure why since they totally fit my simple style! Julia even helped me pick out a really cute scarf, and with her guidance I think I could pick out a couple more cute ones for the fall too!
I like to say Julia saved my life- she seriously gave me so many great tips! She's going to be so great at interior design at college!

So on Thursday Luke and I took off for the beach (without Jacob!) to celebrate our anniversary, and then came back Friday night. I'll save all that for my next post though. So Saturday was our real last day since we needed to leave early Sunday morning to catch the first flight back to Denver.
So first my dad took Andrea, Julia, Luke and I on a little walk around Centennial Park, it was actually a really pleasant day.
Later on I caught a early dinner with my two best friends from home- Katie and Amy! I always love catching up with them! It usually ends up being only about once a year or so, but it's always fun to see them when I'm home!
Later Saturday night there was a big preseason game on- Redskins vs Ravens- battle of the beltway! Lucky for Luke his parents flew in that afternoon so while I went to my dinner with my friends he took Jacob and picked up his parents at the airport and then I met up with them to watch the game at his grandma's house.
Luke was so excited to watch the game in his new Redskins coat that he found at a thrift store a few days earlier for only $8! I admit it's a great price, but I think the jacket's a little hideous, haha. But we also found this shirt for Jacob when we went shopping at the mall earlier that week- and this picture is so funny to me because it says it all!
So we had a good time hanging out together one last night. Actually the whole trip was so much fun! Just going back and blogging about everything and looking through all the pictures just made me smile-and laugh! We all really enjoyed our time being home with family and it's hard going back home to Denver after spending so much good time together! Hopefully it won't be too long before we can all get together again!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You are so cute Kara. I LOVE your grey ruffled cardigan - where did you get it?!?

kara said...

Thanks Carrie! Target! they have a lot of cute ones :)