Monday, September 20, 2010

Jacob is 1 and a HALF!

Jacob turned 18 months on Saturday!
It was a nice cool morning on Saturday, so we got up and went for a walk and stopped at Carl's Jr. for breakfast. Then later that afternoon we went to the Orchards mall, did a little shopping, got some lunch, and let Jacob run around the playground.

It was cute- he kept climbing up and then sliding down this leaf
He also loved waving to the people on the little train. And he even liked these weird clowns that were walking around- everyone else was scared of them because they had really freaky faces, but Jacob kept smiling and was so interested in watching them walk around.
Later that night we got a babysitter for Jacob for a few hours so that Luke and I could go to Stake Conference that night, but he was still up when we got home, so we let him dig into his half-birthday cake!
I was too lazy to decorate it and couldn't find any of my candles- but he didn't care, it was still yummy!
He even got lots of presents! Well, actually I got lucky there was a "Just Between Friends" kids sale that I've gone to a few times, but they had another one just a few days before he turned 18 months. And now that he's moving up into 18 month size clothes and we're hitting the new cooler season, I had a lot of clothes I needed to buy for this little guy!
So I ended up finding a winter coat, one jacket, one hoodie, snowboots, 3 pants, 7 t-shirts, 2 nice church shirts, one sweater, and 4 pajamas! Actually I probably had 10 more shirts I wanted to buy but I held back, and just picked out my favorites. And they're all in really good condition- and the most I spent on an item was $8 for the coat! I love cheap stuff for kids :)
Jacob did a little modeling for me- boots fit good! I know it could snow anytime in the next month- so now he's ready! Too bad the coat is still wayyy too big though! Haha poor kid- he has a lot of growing to do this winter!
Speaking of growing, I also took Jacob to the doctor today. And I am proud to announce Jacob is officially over 20 pounds! Finally! He is now 20 lbs 12 oz, and 32 inches tall. So even though he's gained just over a pound in 3 months, somehow he's still moved up the scale in percentile- between the 3rd and 10th is all the doctor said. And then he's still 50% in height, so that's good!
Jacob also has all his teeth except for the two bottom back molars I think- it's hard to see, but that's one thing he's got is a rack of big teeth!
He's also been great at picking up new words here and there, still working on a lot of little words I've been practicing with him, but he's probably got a vocabulary of about 30 words now!
And we are alllmost off that pacifier! That has been a goal I've been working slowly towards for the past few months. I've just gradually taken it away more and more and we were off it completely for a few days, but then he got sick and had babysitters for 2 nights so I gave back in. But we are just about there, and so far he's been handling it very well! He can still fall asleep without his pacifier and won't even cry, which has been great!

So I took Jacob out Sunday to get some pictures of him and I had a hard time getting him to cooperate! Like this picture above- he refused to look at me! I don't know how people do it. And it didn't help that I decided to try a different camera and it didn't work out as well as I hoped, but I still managed to get a couple cute ones of him running around.




This little guy keeps me busy but this stage has also been so much fun as he's been learning and doing so much more! Love you Jacob!

4 comments:

Amy P. said...

love these pictures!! They are so great! Happy half birthday little (but getting bigger!) Jacob!

Shandra Mesch said...

He is getting so big!!! Too cute!!!

Carrie said...

Awe... Jacob is so cute! Can't believe he is 20lbs. Nixon just got weighed yesterday, and he is 17lbs, 13oz. A major chunker for 4 months.... Can't believe how fast time is flying by! Happy Half Birthday Jacob!

Jannie said...

you're so cute to even have a cake for jacob on his half birthday!!!

he looks so big in all the picture!