Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Lucky Charm

St. Patrick's Day is just a little more significant to me this year more than normal just because of the memories that is has brought to me from last year! Last year my mom had just flown into Denver to get ready for me to have Jacob since he was due the 16th. And I remember going grocery shopping for 2 hours last St. Patrick's Day (I guess we had a lot of groceries and I was walking really slow), and I felt like Jacob dropped and suddenly was really heavy- and little did I realize that I would be going to the hospital that night! But we enjoyed the day, my mom and I sat on the porch eating grapes, and the three of us had a nice festive dinner, topped off with pistachio pudding and whip cream- which was amazing at the time!

Luke and I last year on St. Patrick's Day- (last dinner together without a baby!)

But I knew after dinner that the contractions were really starting and we ended up going to the hospital at 3 am that night. And so I am glad that Jacob was not actually born on St. Patrick's Day and made it until the 18th, but the memories of that St. Patrick's Day still make me smile, and I almost feel like it was that same day in my mind. Either way- I like to consider Jacob my little lucky charm!

And last year I remember it was very warm on St. Patrick's Day and today was just as gorgeous-in the low 70's! The best part though is now I have a house with my own backyard so we could lay out and enjoy the sunshine! Jacob hasn't really liked going outside but I made him deal with it today and he finally didn't cry the whole time and we had a great day!
After enjoying sitting in the backyard for a lot of the day, we took a walk and went to the park with his best little bud Jane (who celebrated her birthday last Saturday).

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday to Jacob tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

Amy P. said...

SO cute!!!! :) Love the pictures!!! I have little outfits on the way to him! But I keep missing the post office being open! Happy Birthday Jacob!

Kara said...

Aww you're so sweet Amy! Thanks!

Christina Golden said...

Yay Jacob is 1!