Monday, March 23, 2009

First Day Out!

Jacob has been doing great! Today was his first day out, well not counting the walk to the mailbox yesterday with Mommy and Daddy. So today we had two appointments, first with a lactation consultant to help me out with breastfeeding, and then we had our first visit with the pediatrian.

Both of them said how Jacob is right on track. His weight is now at 7 oz 10 lbs, which is good, lost some but has gained a lot back. And he's still measuring at 21 inches. I was a little worried about his eating schedule but it turns out he's getting plenty of food and whatever I'm doing must be working, so thats good news! It is a little crazy though how babies sleep more in the day than at night, still getting used to that... It seems to alternate from a good night to bad night each time. But again, I'm so grateful to have my mom here and Luke has been awesome! He really loves the little guy, very precious.

Here's a little video I took yesterday when Jacob was 4 days old. We were showing off all the stuff my mom got him. She actually sewed him this cute little teddy wearing a Redskins colored scarf. The blanket he's on and the one he's in, along with some others, were also made by her. And she made Jacob 2 blue booties, a blue beanie hat, and a Redskins colored hat! They're all very cute!

2 comments:

Jannie said...

SOOO cute!! It was fun looking at your pictures and watching the video (I'm glad I got to know him a little...I still look forward to meeting him!) Anyways, at the Relief Society thing tonight Kim told me you had a blog so I wanted to check it out!(I have a private blog and will send you an invitation to it..if you want to) Anyways, cute!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh so cute!!!! hahaha I loved the little sneeze! And I LOVE the colors of the blanket and the bear is super adorable!