Sunday, March 22, 2009

Backtracking...

This is how it all went down...

My mom came in Monday night and so we spent Tuesday just taking care of some things around the house and made an hour long trip to the grocery store. This seemed to really do it for me because after walking around the store I felt a lot of pressure like the baby had dropped. I was a little uncomfortable the rest of the night and started realizing how close I may be. It was St. Patricks Day though so we had a nice dinner together (thanks to mom!), but little did we realize it would be our last dinner together as a couple!

I started getting contractions around 9 and they lasted a little over an hour but seemed to be false. So I made myself get some rest, but only slept for about 2 hours until the contractions started again at 1 in the morning. By 3 am we were already on our way to the hospital and seemed to get there in time as it started getting a little more difficult. It still took them over an hour to finally get the epidural in me and I'm glad I got it. I won't go into any more details from there, but it definetly was a lot of work and I was so grateful to have Luke and my mom there! After an hour and a half of pushing, Jacob was born by 12:18 in the afternoon, so about 11 hours of labor, not too bad I guess.

It was a feeling I can't describe when I saw Jacob for the first time, I just couldn't believe it, but it was wonderful and I was so relieved! There were a lot of things going on but we did manage to get this video very shortly after he was born, his first video!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!! :) I'm so glad he's here and healthy and absolutely adorable! I'm so happy for you guys! You guys are going to be the best parents!!



p.s. I love your vase on your table! I need to get one of those :) haha

Tracy said...

Your baby boy is adorable! Congratulations!