Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The News

So Luke and I are pregnant! We found out on Sunday, July 27 using a home test. It was so exciting I wanted a picture of it saying "pregnant" so people could see what I saw and how I felt! I couldn't believe it!


One unfortunate thing about the timing was that my family had been visiting in Denver just the week before and so I missed the chance of telling them all in person! But Julia was still around when I first started feeling signs of morning sickness. Going to Elitch Gardens may not have been a good idea- I had a harder time than normal on the rides, and still felt sick from the rides the next morning when I had to take Julia to the airport... soo I finally put it all together.



But after finding out I still could only wait 2 days until I called my family at home in Maryland. About 2 weeks later I emailed James on his mission in CA and let him in on the big news, and later that week after Erika got settled in from getting home from China I was able to finally fill in my sister! A couple weeks later Luke's parents were able to come visit us for a short weekend but was worth it since we used the opportunity to tell them the good news in person.


So it's been a fun past couple months being able to share our news and get excited about it with family and friends. This past Mother's Day I gave a talk in church on how I have been preparing for motherhood and so now I hope I'm ready! Thank goodness I still have a little more time to prepare mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for this new experience to become a mother and a parent. :)

2 comments:

Cheri J. Meiners, M. Ed. said...

You will be an awesome mother!

Anonymous said...

I'm so so so happy for you! This is such an exciting time! You're going to be a perfect, fantastic mom!