Friday, January 10, 2014

Celebrating the New Year in Texas

We rolled into Texas on New Years Eve, checked into our hotel and then headed over to Meg's parents house in Wylie for a family get together. We were excited to all see each other and have a good time catching up!
Sister Love!
We rang in the new year watching the ball drop- actually that's not true, we were on the wrong channel. Haha, New Years is slightly overrated, but we still had fun just hanging out together.
Poor Blake was tired from our long day and made it as long as he could :)
The next morning on New Years we all got together for breakfast and our Christmas gift exchange! Everyone was generous and had nice gifts, and there was something for everyone. We had a fun time together!
Afterwards, Daniel and Meg had some wedding things to take care of, so the rest of us went out to lunch at a barbeque place.
It's a good thing we were practically the only ones there since my boys needed a place to let some energy out. 
They even had free ice cream cones for a treat! 
 
Actually, this was Blake's lunch. And I thought it was so cute how even though he has a cone he preferred to eat it with a spoon. 
After lunch, a few of us went shopping and then we went back to the hotel so Blake could rest and so Jacob and I went for a walk. He really wanted to go swimming but I showed him the water was just too cold!
I played around with my new camera and took some shots of him in the Courtyard. And then I walked him to the gym where he had fun working out like his daddy.
That night we all grabbed a quick dinner and then all the boys went out with Dan for a bachelor party and all us girls went to Meg's house and watched a movie and ate lots of snacks. And my parents and grandparents got to stay back and play with my boys. I regret that I didn't get any pictures of us girls but it was good for us to spend time with Meg and we had a lot of fun the night before the big wedding day!

No comments: