Friday, June 14, 2013

Memorial Weekend in Maryland

Blake and I got to go on a quick visit to Maryland over Memorial weekend to visit my family. I would have loved to have brought Jacob home too but Blake was the only one who could still fly for free, so it was his turn this time.
We flew into Baltimore at 1:30 am Thursday night, but luckily Blake did well on the plane and finally fell asleep before we landed and didn't wake up until we got in the car! Friday I got to just hang out with Julia since she was off work, and we took Blake to McDonalds and ran other errands together.
Friday night was girls night with my sisters! We got pretty and went out to dinner, hung out at Wegmans (since that's apparently the thing to do), bought candy and went home to hang out some more. My sister Andrea has this awesome game app called Heads Up and we practically played it all day it was so fun!
Saturday was supposed to be a beach day which I was super excited for but the weather just wasn't  cooperating. It was somewhat pleasant but windy, and just not hot enough for beach weather. Boo. So instead we decided to go up to Havre de Grace and check out the community my dad has been a part of developing. We checked out the really nice community center, and then looked through a couple model homes.
Within the community there was this cool looking barn and the house that was featured in the movie Tuck Everlasting! Inside they even had a little mural and we found a well in the backyard- unfortunately there was no water in it to make us live forever, haha. But that was cool.
Then we headed down to the bay and toured through a small lighthouse there. My mom told me to close my eyes and it would feel like we were at the beach, haha.
Only picture I got with all of us- my parents, sisters, me and Blake, and brother Daniel. 
We walked around and saw the ducks and Tyler and Erika played 'mom and dad' with Blake for awhile, haha. We laid on the grass for a couple minutes (my version of imagining I was tanning at the beach!) and Blake just wanted to snuggle, it was pretty cute.
We got some lunch in Havre de Grace and then headed back through Baltimore on our way home. My dad just started a new job in downtown Baltimore and Julia has a summer internship just around the corner, so we drove by her building and saw my dad's fancy new office- he has an awesome view!
From there we walked to Vaccaro's and got some gelato ice cream. Erika and I split one that also came with cheesecake, so good! That was basically our dinner for the evening!
On Sunday we went to church with my family, then my best friend from home, Amy, came up to the house to visit for a bit. I wish we got a picture, it's always good seeing her. Then after dinner Luke's mom and grandma made a quick visit to see Blake too. He was a little cranky at first, but happy once they gave him a lollipop.
On Memorial Day we went to the park with everyone that morning. The boys played frisbee while us girls took Blake to the playground, and then my parents tried to fly a kite for Blake. We had a little barbeque later and hung around the house until it was time for me to go that evening. Blake and I had a great time visiting with my family and I'm glad that we could make the trip out! Blake was a good sport and was more receptive to my family this time, so I'm glad he could have time to be spoiled with attention on his own this trip. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get to see everyone again!

No comments: