Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm Married to a 30 Year Old!

So I had big plans for Luke's 30th birthday! I knew for a long time that I wanted to take Luke snowboarding since he hasn't been since college (and I've never been) and I thought it would be fun to surprise him with a weekend getaway. My original plan had more people involved, but in the end I got babysitters and just the two of us went away to the mountains for a short weekend. Luke had me worried because he had to get an emergency root canal just two days before and was still in a little bit of pain, but I told him my plans and luckily he was feeling good by Saturday so we headed to Copper Mountain- Luke went snowboarding, and I went skiing for the first time!
I am pretty proud of myself, and think I did just fine for my first time! I stayed on the easiest hill all day but luckily we ran into some friends at lunch, so I had one girl stay with me on the easier hill and then Luke was able to go off and try some bigger hills, and I think he really enjoyed that as well!
It was snowing all day so it was a good day to go, but freezing as well! It was a fun experience but the pain I was in the next day makes me wonder how often I'd really ever want to go again! But it was definitely fun and hopefully a birthday Luke will remember!
Luke's actual birthday was on Monday and we had a little family party for him. He said he didn't want anything, so we didn't give him much (lame, I know...), but Jacob and I also made him a cute little book with pictures of the two of them and all the fun stuff they do together. I scrambled and literally made it in about 20 minutes, but I think he (and Jacob) liked it.
Luke's friends at work also took him out and got him gifts that basically said, "You're 30- now time to act like it". Not sure if my crazy guy will ever fully grow up, and it's crazy to think we're already getting this old, but here's to hoping he lives longer than me because I'm pretty sure I can't live without him! Happy birthday Luke!

No comments: