Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving

So I'm a little behind on blogging, but let me back up to Thanksgiving!
My sister Julia and my brother James and his wife Tammy drove from Rexburg to come visit us on their Thanksgiving break. It was great to see family and hopefully it was worth the long drive for them! It was fun for them to see the kids and meet Blake for the first time!
Both of my boys loved all the attention! We had such beautiful weather on Thanksgiving and the day before that Julia went with me to take the boys to the park. And I can not get over my little blue eyed baby!
We had just got him this new hat and it just looks so cute I had to share a few pics of him too!


And after several tries I was also able to get a few cute pictures of Jacob in our backyard. These are basically the only ones where he was looking and not running away!



The boys together on Thanksgiving

Our family on Thanksgiving

and Julia with the boys


Oh and we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner and all too. Luke smoked our turkey this year and we all helped to make everything else for dinner. At dinner we went around to say what we were thankful for and had Jacob go first. I didn't think he would really understand what we were talking about but I just wanted to see what he would say and he was so cute. First he said church and since he got a big reaction out of that, he went on and said he was grateful for nursery, friends, trains, cars, Blake, Daddy, and Mom. It was really sweet. Later that night we continued our tradition of playing Rook for several hours, it was fun! The next day we checked out Boulder Falls, and it was freezing so we didn't stay too long but it was nice to get out of the house for a bit.

James and Tammy at the falls

me and Julia

cute boysSo we also got a little Black Friday shopping that day, found a couple good deals for the kids, and then Julia, James, and Tammy took off the next day. We had a nice visit with them and were happy they made the trip to come visit with us!

1 comment:

Amy P. said...

the boys are so cute! love your haircut!! :)