Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Luke's Birthday= It's Almost Christmas

December is such a busy month, as soon as Thanksgiving was over we suddenly had tons to do. We've been getting ready for Christmas with lots of decorating, shopping, and activities. And this is our first year using an artificial tree and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with it!
So not only have we been building up for Christmas, but Luke's birthday is also 8 days before Christmas, so we celebrated this past weekend with his parents who flew into town. On the morning of Luke's birthday we had our Ward Christmas breakfast and Santa came to visit. Jacob was initially excited but once we finally got through the line to sit in his lap he wasn't too happy anymore. Blake loved checking out his cool beard though.

That night for Luke's birthday dinner we went to Hacienda Colorado, a nice mexican restaurant and we all really liked it.
After dinner, we had a quick little party for Luke with a few presents and an ice cream cake.
The next day at church was another busy one since I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting and Luke and I both had lessons to teach in our classes. I am going to miss the girls in my class that are moving on to young womens next year, but love teaching my primary class and looking forward to a new year. And my boys were dressed so cute in their Christmas clothes, I wanted to share a week early.



It's hard getting these boys to sit still but even the ones that didn't turn out so well are still so cute to me, haha


Later Sunday night, we drove and walked around downtown to see some of the lights and then finished up at Luke's office to grab some hot chocolate. Here is Jacob checking out the lights and saying, "Merry Christmas!" We are very excited for Christmas in a few days, looking forward to Luke having a week off, and spending the time together with just our family!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Luke! Sounds like a fun weekend. So nice that John & Brenda can fly in for a quick weekend so often. I'm super excited for my kids to wear their Christmas church clothes too. Your boys looked adorable! And I love your new haircut. :)

Jill said...

I love your update. Congrats to Luke on his new job and the running! Looks like Christmas was great! Love keeping in touch through blogs. I love that you have a blue eyed and a brown eyed boy.