Monday, June 8, 2009

Proud of my baby!

I have to say- I am so proud of my baby! He has been sleeping in his own room for over a week now, and I've just been impressed how easy it was! I realized that he was sleeping longer through the night and so I really didn't need his bassinet in our room anymore- and his nightlight was starting to drive me crazy. So one night I just put his bassinet back in his room, (with his nightlight) and that was it! I think he noticed but it didn't seem to bother him. In fact, I feel he sleeps longer, and that may just be since I don't wake up to every little sound he makes now, so it feels like longer to me. I still feed him once in the middle of the night, but I really can't complain. I'm very lucky he's been great so far, and soon enough I'll transition him to his crib.

He's also been doing a good job holding up his head- he likes tummy time now!

Also, another "first" for Jacob this past weekend was his 'first birthday party'! I didn't get any pictures of him there, but again I was proud of him being such a good boy! His friend in the ward Hailey turned one so we had a good time going to that.

And Jacob was finally able to fit into this outfit that his Aunt Jane made him for Christmas. I have been trying since he was born and yesterday he was finally tall enough to wear it to church. A lot of people were impressed when I told them that she actually made it, so these are for you Jane!


And just for fun, here is a cute video of Jacob. I have been trying to get his laugh on camera and haven't gotten it yet. He only laughs when I tickle his neck but somehow I never have the camera in time because he only will do it once and then it's like he forgets how, but he tries so hard to laugh! So that's basically what goes on here:


1 comment:

Jannie said...

What a good little boy! I'm so glad that he is a good sleeper for his mommy!! I love his smile in all the pictures!!! He's so adorable!