Monday, May 18, 2009

2 months!

I can't believe my little baby is already 2 months old! It's really flying by but at the same time I feel like I've been his mom forever! Everyone says how small he is still but to me he's getting so big! He went to the doctor today and is now 11 pounds, 13 ounces and 23 3/4 inches. I knew going in today that he was going to need 4 shots but I was sad to find out he also had a double ear infection!
I felt bad because I actually suspected it last weekend because he had been crying like he never had before and would go an hour or more and I could barely calm him down and nothing seemed to help. So then I realized he had been getting over a cold so he may have an ear infection but then he seemed to be getting better and wasn't having fits and never seemed to have a fever. But looking back now he has been more fussy this past week at night but I guess I overlooked it because Luke was out of town and so I had Jacob's night routine all off anyway. But I felt better when the pediatrician said even if I called last week they probably would have just had me keep an eye on it for a week anyway since he already had his appointment for today.
So now he's got his antibiodic for the ear infection and Tylenol for the shots. Poor baby! At least now I now why he's been a little extra fussy!


But on a better note... I was thinking last night how Jacob's already 2 months and how much I love him so I thought I'd share some reasons why I love my little guy!

1. I love when I'm rocking him to sleep he'll suck on his pacifier and just stare at me with his wide blue eyes- I feel like it's almost like he's saying he loves me the way he looks at me!

2. I love that he copies my faces- if I smile he'll smile, if I raise my eyebrows he will too, when I talk to him sometimes he'll coo back, soo cute!

3. I love that he loves his stroller and car rides.

4. I love the way he always grabs the top of my shirt and even if I try to lay him next to me or put him down he'll keep reaching his hands towards me so he can always be at least arms length away from me! (It may sound annoying but I think it's sweet!)

5. I love the way he smiles and plays with me and Luke.

6. I love how Jacob loves to sleep on my chest with his arms wrapped around me! (and with Luke)

7. I love how cute he looks in every outfit! Especially his church clothes...and his pajamies!

8. I love the way he's starting to coo and make more noises.

9. I even love his cute baby cry.

10. I love his frown! It's so irresistably adorable! Especially with his dimple chin!

11. I love kissing his soft cheeks and how he smiles when I do.

12. I love when he's so intrigued by things to look at and will just smile.

13. I love the way he waves his arms all around and kicks like crazy when he gets excited! (someday he'll be a good swimmer!)

14. I love the way he also squeals when he gets excited!

15. I love taking his picture because he is so good at looking at the camera and smiling!
16. I love when he's waking up he stretches his arms and arcs his back.

17. I love holding his little hands.

18. I love how he has a serious face sometimes too and narrows his eyes.

19. I love how his upper lip puckers out.

20. I love how he looks like a perfect mix of Luke and me.

21. I don't love that he sucks his hand but it still is kind of cute!

22. I love his million faces and expressions!

23. I love his whole cute little body!

24. I love that he smiles even at people he doesn't know and is good at letting others hold him.

25. I love that he's MY baby!!

5 comments:

Jannie said...

I love the picture of you and Jacob in your last posting! WHERE DID YOU TAKE THAT? I have been looking for a flowery place to take my girls' pictures..hopefully it was somewhere around where we live :)You are such a great mom! Jacob is so blessed to have you! I loved reading your list; it was so sweet! And the pictures are adorable!

Kara said...

We had to go down to the botanic gardens downtown. There weren't many flowers when we went so we got lucky with that picture. But it's a huge place, I'm sure if you went in a month or so there'd be tons more! And thanks!

Amy said...

So sweet! :) Makes me want to have babies NOW!!! haha I'm so glad your able to spend all your time with him and enjoying him so much!

Anonymous said...

Kara, He looks so much like Luke! But in the pic where he's smiling a lot he looks just like you. He is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me Jill Alston