Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Spring Break in MD

 As the weather got warmer in April we couldn't help but get out more and go on walks! Here's me carrying Ava on a family Sunday walk.
Blake had so many interesting field trips this year, and in April on the last day before Spring Break we went to Moreau Lake and the kids got release fish into the lake. I had never heard of that before but I guess it's a thing out here- like the backwards of fishing!
 Blake actually lined up several times to carry the bucket of fish to the edge, and then plopped it in the water to set the fish free! He thought it was fun!
The second half of our Spring Break week we headed down to Virginia. We were mostly just looking for something to do and Luke wanted to be able to watch the draft with his parents and help them with yard work. A day or so before I left I realized my best friend growing up was also going to be in town for his sister's wedding. I hadn't seen Scott in 10 years so I was thrilled that we would finally  coincidentally be at the same place the same weekend!
Luke and I were at the temple anyway on that Friday morning, and when we were getting out, Jenn's wedding was also just finishing up! It was great to see familiar faces and to see my friends! Luke stayed and chatted for a bit until his parents came and picked him up and I said I was going to stay and join my friends for the day!
Me with Scott, Jeremy, and their wives and kids. I actually get to see Jeremy more since he still lives in the area but it was so great to see Scott and the other Lougees!
We all went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and then we started heading over to the reception in Annapolis. It was funny how we all got swapped around in the car. I let LeighAnn take my Tahoe home so she could go back for work, so Jeremy gave me a ride but the kids wanted to swap cars so we had Scott's girls while they took Jeremy's boys. It definitely called for a "family selfie" ha!

We had a fun time at the reception and I was happy to able to see lots of families and friends I knew. Afterwards we went to Jeremy's house and once Rob came over the party continued. It really felt like we were back in high school hanging out like it was an ordinary weekend and no time had passed. Literally- you put Rob and Scott in a room together and they revert to teenagers all over again. I had the best time talking, laughing, and reminiscing with them. I didn't want to leave!
 It took us like 10 minutes to take a picture together because they kept teasing and laughing at me. I don't even know what we were laughing at, but I couldn't stop! Oh my gosh....
I hope it doesn't take another 10 years for us to get a chance to see each other again, but if it does I will always remember and have fond memories of this day!

The next day I went to Ikea with my sister and mom- and Ava! It was a girls trip! Andrea was nice enough to carry Ava for me, and I got myself a new bedroom dresser and nightstands! Later that evening John and Brenda drove Luke and the kids back up to my parent's and we got dinner together. Luke and the kids had worked hard helping in the yard over the weekend and had fun doing campfires at night at John and Brenda's.

We spent the last night with my parents and the kids always love seeing Andrea too. Or at least she loves seeing them!

It was nice to be able to visit both our parents and see family so easily but for once the highlight of my trip was definitely seeing my old friends! It was a great trip and Spring Break!

No comments: