Thursday, April 30, 2015

Baby Shower and Updates

 My friend Nicole planned an awesome baby shower for me! It was an "About to Pop" theme and so we had a popcorn bar and foods all focused around the pop theme- it was so cute! And Nicole did a great job putting everything together!


There were a few games, and for one of them there were pictures of Luke and I as adults and babies cut up, and people had to put the pieces together to guess what our baby will look like. Everyone had fun with it and the results were hilarious! I loved it :)
These were all the results! I guess we will find out soon what she really looks like ;)
 
After socializing, eating, and playing a few games, I got to open my gifts. It felt so different to be getting some girl things- it was exciting and much appreciated! :)

The young women in the ward even tied a baby quilt for me, and I just loved it. So thoughtful of them, and I always appreciate the handmade things :)
It was such a fun and memorable shower and I am so grateful for all those who came and for all those who have brought me gifts! It's been so nice (and fun!) to get some things for the new girl. And it was an extra treat to have Erika at the baby shower too!
Since the shower I've been busy getting everything else ready- organizing, cleaning, and setting up the baby room and changing things around for a girl. Since taking these pictures I've added some flower/ butterfly stickers around the room and have stocked the closet more. I think we're ready!
Here is me at 35 weeks above, and now at 38 weeks and 5 days- just 9 days until my due date!
I am carrying pretty high still, but feel smaller compared to my previous pregnancies. Overall though, I feel like it's been my easiest pregnancy! I've still been sleeping well and moving around just fine and keeping up with everything. I get tired occasionally and feel a lot of braxton hicks contractions but I can't complain- it's been a rather easy and normal pregnancy, which I'm grateful for.
My mom will come into town next week to help me out with the boys, and then the plan is for me to be induced one day early on Friday, May 8. So we will see if all goes as planned! We are just so excited to meet our baby girl and move on to the next stage for our family! One week to go! :)

No comments: