Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Jacob starts Kindergarten!

 Jacob is growing up so fast! He started his first day of Kindergarten on August 20. I think he was a little nervous about starting school since it was a little longer and earlier than preschool had been, and he was worried since he didn't know anyone else in his class. So here's his nervous but excited face before the first day.
 The first day me, Luke, and Blake all walked him up to school to see where his class lines up.
He started getting more nervous but once his class was ready to go inside, he followed his teacher Mrs. G in and Luke was proud Jacob didn't even look back. It's different not being able to walk him into class and trust that every day he will give what he needs to for his teacher and so on, but I guess that's growing up.
  That first day when I picked Jacob up he said he had a good first day and made new friends. I was proud of him!
That night for dinner was Jacob's choice so we had fish and rice. Then at dinner he felt his tooth come more loose. It became loose at the beach when he was biting a floatee and he had been patient with it and waiting for it to fall out on it's own. After dinner Jacob asked me to look at his tooth again, and it literally just fell out without even pulling on it. I was glad it finally came out without having to hurt him and now he really looks like a big boy! What a big day of firsts!
The tooth fairy even let him keep his first tooth.
(But after that, what is the tooth fairy to do with all those teeth..?)
Anyway, Jacob has been doing well with his first week or so of Kindergarten, which is great. I was worried we'd be having meltdowns or I'd be dragging him out of bed every morning, but he usually wakes up on time (as have I) and gets ready quickly and hasn't been tired or whiny when he gets home! Yay! Maybe the tiredness will kick in later but I'm glad he always transitions better than I think he will, I need to start giving him more credit. 
And Luke has often been helping dropping him off in the morning which is a huge help to me- it pays to have a school in the neighborhood! Having it so close makes it easy and every now and then we walk home after picking him up. So we're all getting used to the new schedule- I hope he has a great first year of school!

No comments: