Monday, March 10, 2014

My 29th Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday celebrating my last year in my 20's! Luckily, I thought ahead and switched my babysitting days so that I didn't need to watch an extra kid on my birthday, and I sent my boys to a friends house for a few hours so I could go shopping and have lunch with Luke! It was great!
 
Luke works a few minutes from a mall so I just met him there for lunch and I got Sarku Japan- I love that place! Then Luke and I each bought some new sunglasses then he went back to work while I took my time shopping through the mall. I got pretty much everything I was looking for and even stopped at one the makeup kiosks and the lady gave me a free little makeover- why not?
  
 So I definitely had fun with my free time, but made sure to spend good time with my sweet boys too!

Jacob picked out this sweet card for me and then later I opened a few gifts and then showed off a few things I bought myself too :)
 
I made some rice and salmon for dinner and then we had cake. Chocolate cake, mmm.

Luke and I went out to dinner the next night to celebrate and since it happened to be Restaurant Week in Denver so we were able to go to Rodizio's for a great deal! Everything was really good, it was such a special treat!
The next few days my birthday continued as I got a few more presents- a couch I ordered for our basement which is also a sofabed and surprisingly comfy and then my sisters ordered me some shoes straight from Taiwan and I love them!
And after years of wanting some, Luke and I also just bought some bikes and a bike trailer. We got everything practically new off Craigslist, and we've had so many warm days that we're excited to have something new to do together as a family!
Anyway, it was a great birthday, which is good, because my mom tells me that after 29 you don't age, so I'm glad I at least was able to enjoy this one ;)

No comments: