Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving again this year- I love when my siblings have enough time off college to come visit! James, his wife Tammy, and my sister Julia are all in Rexburg, and James is about to graduate from BYU-I in a few weeks. Daniel is at BYU and they all flew together into Denver on Wednesday.
We all had a good time visiting around the house that day and that night we went out to the movies! Julia and I went to see Breaking Dawn (which I really loved!) and James, Tammy, and Daniel say Skyfall, which Luke and I saw the weekend before and we also enjoyed that movie as well. Luke was nice enough to stay home that night though and watch the boys.
Thanksgiving day the boys watched the parade on TV, later Luke went nuts over the Redskins game, and we all pitched in to help make dinner. We toasted to our Grandpa Jim who was sick, and made several rounds of what we were grateful for.
Friday we did manage to get a little shopping in, but until they all left Saturday night we enjoyed hanging out together, playing dominoes, watching old christmas videos and other movies, and spending time with the boys. Jacob loved having everyone here, but Blake seemed to favor Tammy over anyone else, haha.
Julia did get good playing time with her nephews and I think Blake finally warmed up to her in the end :)
By the way, the Redskins won on Thanksgiving, so the boys were showing their support through Luke's jacket.
We've spent a lot of good Thanksgiving's with James but now that he's graduating we realize it may be the end of an era, depending on how far away he moves. I never know when I will get to see them all next, so it's always fun when we do, and I'm so glad that they all took the time to come out and visit us! I miss them already!

No comments: