Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blake Is One Year Old!

Happy 1st Birthday Blake! As I did with Jacob, I wanted to make a slideshow to recap Blake's first year. If you're curious to go back and see the one I made for Jacob, you can watch that here. They're probably pretty comparable, I even used the same song because I was too lazy to find a new one, but I find it to be fitting and cute. Anyway, here is Blake's first year!







Blake At One Year:

*Blake now weighs 17 lbs 11 oz, and is 29 inches tall- still a bit small.
*Everyone loves to ask "Is he walking yet?" Nope. Not even interested when I try holding his hand and helping him, but that's ok, I can live with crawling for a few more months :)
*Another favorite question: "Is he talking yet?" Maybe? I do believe he says and understands "mama" and "dada" more than just babbling now. Mainly because I notice he calls Jacob by name too- "Ba-Bub". Then again, I could be completely imagining, but for now I like to believe these are his words.
* Blake likes to clap his hands, shake his head no, sometimes waves hi and bye, and likes to point at things and touch and pull out everything.
*Likes to push cars across the floor, read books, play with anything that makes sound or music or has a button, or play with anything that Jacob has.
*Gets upset more when Jacob takes toys from him, these two are still learning how to share and take turns.
*Really good at cleaning up! He actually just likes to put things in buckets, but then usually dumps them out, but then he'll clean up all over again!
*Still likes to be held by mom and cries when I leave him, and if I leave the room he will crawl around the whole house looking for me.
*Has started turning his nose at babyfoods and wants to try whatever we're eating. He loves to eat string cheese, yogurt, crackers, lots of different noodles especially spaghetti, and if he ever gets his hands on chocolate, ice cream, or popsicles he goes nuts. Not a big fan of any fruit though.
*Loves drinking from sippy cups and gets so happy that he can do it all by himself. Also ready to completely wean, and now that he's officially one I'm about ready to pull the plug too, so we're just about there.
*Has never been much of a cuddler but has started to lean his head on me more lately, especially to rock him to sleep. I love when he can just relax and not be constantly trying to move and look around!
*Loves to play with Jacob and be involved with whatever he's doing. They do nearly everything together and Blake always looks to Jacob for approval and does what he can to make his older brother laugh and smile.
*Blake can be a bit exhausting at this stage, but I can't imagine life without him! We love you Blake!

No comments: