Friday, January 20, 2012

Blake at 7 months

So I totally missed blogging about Blake turning 6 months and now he's just turned 7 months old! It's going so fast and little Blakey is really growing up quick!
At 6 months we took him to the doctor and on 12/23 his stats were: Weight- 16 lbs 5.5 oz (28%); Height- 26 1/2 inches (52%) and head circumference is 53%. To be honest though, I'm not sure pediatricians are all on the same scale because at this age Jacob weighed a pound less than Blake but was in the 45% for weight and was only a half inch taller but was way up in the 75% for height. Maybe I'm just not good about math, but I'm starting to think these percentages are all nonsense numbers!
Somewhere in the 5th month he learned to sit up on his own and my life is suddenly easier, seriously. Now that he can sit up I don't feel I need to carry his carseat into the stores when we're running errands and Blake loves sitting in the shopping carts. And now that he can sit up he can see his toys and will sit and play for extended periods of time completely satisfied. He also likes being around Jacob and watching him play or just sitting on the floor sucking on all his toys.
The boys still play really well together and I love how they make each other laugh. I love when Jacob tells Blake that he is his best friend, and both these boys love getting time together with their dad too!

And this poor little guy has been teething for some time, but other than losing a little sleep he's handled it pretty well. So at 6 months, in the first week of January he got teeth number 3 and 4! He loves to suck on his fingers or bite down on anything, and we all think it's funny when he bites into a sweater or blanket and gets his teeth stuck! He's kind of crazy when it comes to biting...Blake also makes lots of funny high pitched squeals and low growls, and a couple times he's even babbled ma-ma-ma. He's been eating babyfood for awhile but I just need to remember to be more consistent in feeding him every night- (I don't know why this is so hard for me to remember!)
He doesn't take very long naps at all, especially when sometimes it feels it takes me more time just to put him down then he'll actually sleep, but he will usually go down 2 times a day if he sleeps in a little. Now that his teeth have cut through, his sleeping at night has gotten better again (for awhile there he reverted back to waking up every 2 hours), but he usually still wakes up once in the middle of the night to eat, and then again when Luke's leaving for work around 6:30 and then he'll sleep in for a couple more hours.
A weird fact about Blake- he loves to scratch things? Even in this picture he's turning around to scratch the wall, but all while smiling. I guess all babies like to scratch or rake with their fingers, I just think it's funny how he scratches everything, all the time. I'm not sure if he just likes the sound it makes or the way it feels, but his nails are very sharp and the sound of him scratching the walls or our leather couches makes me cringe!

And although Blake learned to roll over both ways months ago, now that he sits up so much it seems he's forgotten how to roll off his belly, which is weird because he learned to roll that way first. But if he's ever on his belly now he'll just keep kicking and wiggling in circles but seems to forget that he can roll over. And he's not crawling yet (thank goodness) but he's pushing himself up more and just wiggles a lot. Even when people hold him he is so jumpy it's exhausting.
Blake does have a great smile though and seems to have mastered fluttering his eyelashes to make a perfect flirty smile to everyone he sees. He still loves to be held by anyone, and I am glad that stranger anxiety hasn't seem to set yet. He has a cute little laugh, even though we sometimes can't tell the difference between his laughs and cries. I would like to say that he's typically pretty happy, but he does like to get his way so he's given us some good whines lately too.

And almost everyone I talk to says that Blake looks just like me, and yea, it's true. I came across this picture of me when I was one years old, and I was amazed how much Blake really does get from me!

I couldn't get a very good side by side picture of Blake with my picture, but I think it's still pretty funny. But I just adore my blue eyed, chubby cheeked, swirly dark haired baby boy!

No comments: