Friday, June 3, 2011

Big Baby To-Be

So the day seems like it's getting closer and closer for this baby to come. I'm technically 37.5 weeks right now, so I'm at least officially full term and that makes me feel better if this baby does decide to come early.
Yesterday though I went to the doctor for my normal weekly checkup. First they took my weight and told me that by their records I had officially gained 30 pounds-yay? Actually I thought I had already gained more than that so I wasn't too surprised. But it is weird for me to think that I only gained 20 pounds with Jacob and he was still 7 lbs 15 oz when he was born! Anyway, so then later she measured my belly and throughout my whole pregnancy I've always been measuring right on for the week I was in. So last week I was measuring 36 inches, right where I should be, then yesterday they said I jumped up to 39 inches. Ohh my!
So in one week this baby grew a loooot, which looking back makes sense. This past Sunday evening I was having so many contractions I started packing a bag thinking we might just need to go to the hospital that night. Luckily the contractions stopped when I fell asleep though, but the false labor has already started. And since then, this week I've felt extremely tired again and have been having a lot of pain high in my stomach. My doctor said the baby's pushing his butt up on me though so that explains the sharp pain I've been feeling every time I move, but she said the baby should be moving lower this week.
But since the baby is suddenly measuring at 39 I asked if that meant I could be having my baby next week and she wouldn't say, but she said all it means is I'm going to have a BIG baby and he'll probably be rivialing Jacob in size! So that kind of freaked me out a little haha. Big healthy babies are great, but realizing I could be ready to possibly have this baby next week made me think how soon that was and how I'm not really prepared! But at the same time it would be so great to be done with this pregnancy early.
For some reason though I just feel so much more nervous about everything the second time around, I always feel like I'm forgetting something. And the part that worries me the most about coming early is that my mom won't be here yet and I really don't know what my back up plan is for Jacob until it will be time. So even though several people now have offered to help watch Jacob when the time comes, it's still just a little stressful knowing that I'll need to quickly decide what to do when the time comes and it really does depend on what week, day, or time of day this baby decides to come.
Anyway, I guess I just needed to get this all out and sorted out in my mind, haha. Either way, this baby could be coming very soon, and he should be big and healthy! So for now, I'm just trying to relax and keep this baby in for at least another week, but for all I know he could be right on time, or even a little late like Jacob. I guess I'll just have to wait and see! In the meantime, I'll be thinking about a name...

1 comment:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I thought the second time was scary because you DO know what to expect, but that knowing doesn't make things any easier! The Lord, in all his wisdom, just made the last few weeks of pregnancy MISERABLE so you'd do just about anything to get that baby out, no matter HOW big it is. I just hope it's not a 10-pounder (for your sake).