Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

The whole weekend was just beautiful! It was in the 80's each day, so on Friday I took Jacob to the zoo. I figured it would be the last time we'd go together before the baby was born.

Jacob did a really good job and we saw all his favorite spots and saw some new things too- this was the first time we wandered over to the little aquarium and Jacob loved seeing all the cool fish!

By the end though we were both worn out!
Also, just on a sidenote- Jacob's latest obsession is the movie Cars. I found him some Cars pajamas the other day and as soon as he put them on he insisted that he needed to watch the movie. So I set up his little DVD player, and look how excited he gets! It's probably bad though that he now literally watches this movie every day! Luke's looking forward to taking Jacob to his first movie in the theater in June- Cars 2!

Anyway, on Saturday Luke and I got a babysitter and went on a real date- movie and dinner! And Luke and I basically never go to the movies so it was a fun for us! It felt good to get a nice date in before the baby comes though. We went downtown and saw Water for Elephants and then went to Maggiano's for dinner, and again it was just a beautiful evening to be walking around outside.
Luke got me some pretty Mother's Day roses and on Sunday he made a pancake breakfast, dinner, and cleaned up too- thank you!
And here's Jacob waking up from his nap on Mother's Day- of course he woke up as soon as I was trying to take a picture of him sleeping, haha. One week after he started sleeping in his bed at night, he transitioned to taking naps in his bed too. He's done a great job and stays in bed the whole time, but he's back to only taking 1 1/2 hour naps, which is still good, but overall he's getting less sleep since he typically wakes up at 7:15am now. I'm getting used to that small change though and Jacob is completely transitioned and doing great- yay Jacob!
And here's my sweet boy on Mother's Day. And he made me a cute Mother's Day necklace in nursery too :)

Me and Jacob on Mother's Day And what says Mother's Day more than a big pregnany lady? Me at 34 weeks!

I'm getting more and more anxious for this baby to come, mostly just because I'm done being pregnant haha. At the same time though my biggest worry though is that this baby will come early, so I guess I still have mixed feelings. And I don't feel very mentally prepared yet to have another baby in the house, and we are still no closer to deciding on a name either. But I am very excited to meet this little boy and be the mommy of two! I feel very very lucky to be a stay at home mom and I recognize that I'm very blessed. So this Mother's Day was nice to feel even extra spoiled and appreciated, and I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I totally know how you feel, Kara. I am excited for baby #2 to come, but not sure that I'm mentally ready to be a family of 4! Life is going to get pretty crazy real soon. Good luck to both of us :)

Amy P. said...

yaaay love all the pictures! You are so pregnant! Hooray, can't believe little man #2 will be here so soon!!! Excited! Miss you!

p.s. your hair is getting so long!! :)