Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Spring Break"- Week One

To be honest, my life right now feels like a vacation every day. I feel very blessed to be able to be home every day and simply play with Jacob. But its even better when I get to go on a "real" vacation out of the house!

We were mainly headed out to Utah to attend Luke's sister's graduation at BYU and spend time with his family that weekend. So Luke and I took the 8-9 hour drive to Provo, Utah and I spent almost the whole drive trying to entertain Jacob, so I was just glad Luke was with me so he could drive the whole way! And we were lucky we made it in when we did because we woke up our first morning to snow on the ground and neither Luke or I packed any warm clothes! And it turned out the entire trip was cold, rainy weather!

But we enjoyed spending time with all Luke's family since we were all there together- both his sisters live out there, and Luke's parents also flew in for the graduation, and we were also able to visit with Luke's grandma and his uncle's family too. And we were excited for Jacob to see some of his cousins again. Unfortunately Jacob was sick that first weekend so he was not too happy and became very clingly with all the new people around. Thank goodness I have a friend that is a pediatric nurse and helped me finally figure out he had roseola. Poor baby had a fever for 2 days or so and then on the last day he got a rash, but then it was gone the next day and was finally feeling much better!

But we still managed to have a fun weekend just hanging out together, going out to eat(Utah has so many fun, unique places to eat!), and luckily Saturday was the one day it was sunny and warm so we were able to take an updated family picture and go on a little hike too.

Luke's parents with Jane at commencement

There were so many students graduating- it was packed!

updated family picture

Jacob with his cousins Christian, Andrew, and Owen-(Can you believe Jacob is 8 days older than Owen?! You would never be able to tell!)

on our little hike- Jacob still had a fever here but really enjoyed the fresh air and loved waving at our shadows :)


Christian and Andrew holding hands :)
Jacob was the only kid who wouldn't walk around! He was doing so good at walking at home before we left but he hardly took steps while we were on vacation!


Grandparents with their 4 grandsons, poor Jacob wanted nothing to do with it though :(

I also got to visit with my brother Daniel who was also at BYU just finishing his last semester before he leaves for a mission in June- he'll be going to Vegas, spanish speaking! So it was the last time I would see him before he leaves for 2 years so we hung out a little and Luke and I went out to dinner with him his last night. And I'm sad I forgot to take one last picture with him but here is his missionary picture.

So at the end of the weekend Luke actually flew out of SLC on Sunday for a business trip for the week. He'll actually be traveling every week for the next 6 weeks! He'll be able to come home every weekend but this is the most weeks he's ever had to travel in a row. But the first week wasn't so bad since I was already in Utah I was able to visit more family and friends between Utah and Idaho for the week until he flew back into SLC again by Friday.

So after Luke left I was able to visit two of my best friends from home, Morgan and Seth. I had a great time catching up with each of them! Then on Monday I headed to Logan, Utah to visit my grandparents who live out there. It was the first time my Grandma Susan met Jacob and so they had a good time seeing him and Jacob was just starting to finally feel better from being sick. And they had a little dog that Jacob loved playing with. He first started feeding the dog from the table and then he wanted to crawl around and play with the dog on the floor. Jacob even saw him drinking from his water bowl and put his face in the bowl to get a drink too! Haha he was great entertainment for the evening!
Jacob sharing his goldfish with the dog :)
Jacob testing out the dog's water- too bad I didn't catch a picture of him in action, haha!

So that's it for the first week. After I left Logan I headed to Idaho to visit my brother and my sister, but I will make a second post of the next week so that this doesn't become extremely long!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love all the pictures! I can't believe how much Kate's boys have changed (especially Owen!) maybe it's just more apparent since she never updates her blog, and we get to see pics of Jacob often so his growth is more gradual. You know? Anyways, looks like you guys had lots of fun! Hope we get to see you in the summer!

Jannie said...

So glad you posted a lot about your trip!! Looks like a lot of fun!!! It was fun seeing you today :)